Terms & Conditions
Your use of Pro Backup products requires that you agree to the Terms. Please read them carefully. If you do not understand the Terms, or do not accept any part of them, then you should not use our products.
Payments and Refunds
- Cancellation. Your paid subsription will remain in effect until it's cancelled, downgraded or terminated under these Terms. You may cancel or downgrade any subscription of our products at any time from within your subscriptions page. Your cancellation or downgrade will apply to the next billing period after the current service term expires. If you don't pay for your subscription on time, we reserve the right to downgrade your account and reduce your access to our service.
- Plan and Price Changes. We may change the price plans in effect but will give you prior notice of these changes. These changes will apply after your current service term expires, when the next payment is due from you after the notice. We will give you at least 30 days’ prior notice of a price increase or price plan change. If you are given less than 30 days' prior notice, the change will not apply until the payment after the next payment is due. If you do not wish to continue with your current price plan, you may cancel or downgrade your subscription at any time from within your your subscriptions page. Your cancellation or downgrade will apply to the next billing period after the current service term.
- Refund Policy: Pro Backup subscription purchases are non-refundable.
Modifying and Terminating Pro Backup
- Changes to Pro Backup's products. We are constantly changing and improving our products and services. We may make performance or security improvements, change functionalities or features, or make changes to comply with law or to prevent illegal activities on, or abuse of, our systems. We will provide notice of material changes to our products that we reasonably believe will adversely impact your usage. However, there are times when we will need to make changes to our service without giving notice. These will be limited to instances where we need to take action to ensure the security and operability of the service, prevent abuse or where we must act to meet legal requirements.
- Suspension and Termination. You can stop using our products at any time, although we’ll be sorry to see you go. We may suspend or permanently disable your access to our products if you materially or repeatedly violate our Terms. We will give you prior notice of us suspending or disabling your access to our products. However, we may suspend or disable your access to Pro Backup without notice if you are using our products in a manner that could cause us legal liability or disrupt other users’ ability to access and use our products.
- Discontinuation of Pro Backup. If we decide to discontinue our service, we will give you at least 60 days’ prior notice. During this notice period, you will have the opportunity to take your files out of your backup. After the end of this 60 day period you will not be able to access your files. We believe that you own your files and preserving your access to such files is important. We will then clearly instruct you on how to download your files.
Our Warranties and Disclaimers
We provide our products using a reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using the products of Pro Backup. But there are certain things that we don’t promise about our products. Other than as expressly stated, we don’t make any commitments about the specific functionality available through the products of Pro Backup, their reliability, availability, or ability to meet your needs.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our websites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Any information posted on third-party blogs or forums or on social media sites becomes public, which means it could be read, collected and used by others in any manner. We have no responsibility or liability for any information you choose on submit on such sites.
Liability for Pro Backup
Pro Backup and its suppliers and distributors are not responsible or liable for:
- losses that were not caused by our breach of these Terms;
- any loss or damage that was not, at the time the relevant contract with you was formed, a reasonably foreseeable consequence of Pro Backup breaching the Terms; or
- losses relating to any business of yours including lost profits, revenues, opportunity or data.
The total liability of Pro Backup, and its suppliers and distributors, for any claims under these terms, including for any implied warranties, is limited to the amount you paid us to use the services (or, if the subject of the claim is the free service, to supplying you the services again).
Nothing in these terms is intended to exclude or limit the liability of Pro Backup and its suppliers and distributors for death or personal injury, fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation or any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
Law Coverning the Terms
If you live in the European Union, the laws and courts of your country of residence will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms and you can bring legal proceedings in your local courts. Disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
If you live outside the European Union, the laws of Leuven, Belgium, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms or Pro Backup's products. All claims arising out of or relating to these Terms will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Belgium and you and Pro Backup consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts.